Sage Coreboot Development
Coreboot is an Open Source Software project aimed at replacing proprietary BIOS (firmware). Coreboot performs system hardware initialization, followed by payload execution, which can then do anything from providing additional services, to booting an operating system. With this separation of hardware initialization and later boot logic, coreboot only includes the features necessary for a given target application. Coreboot can scale from small, specialized applications that run directly from firmware, to running full operating systems, to supporting custom bootloaders, and even include firmware standards like software interrupts, PCBIOS, EFI, and UEFI. This flexibility allows coreboot to be effective in small embedded devices as well as high performance cluster computing.
Sage is a leader in the coreboot community. We are actively involved in all aspects of development, including the architecture and development of coreboot, as well key community activities such as mentoring coreboot projects through Google's Summer of Code.
Sage's primary focus and expertise is in developing and deploying coreboot for use with AMD processors and chipsets. We are an AMD Embedded Partner and work closely with AMD to provide development and support for their current and future products.
Contact us today for more information on how Sage can help you leverage the cost, flexibility and performance advantages of coreboot in your next product.
- 100% Free Software (GPL), no royalties, no license fees
- Fast boot times (3 seconds from power-on to Linux console)
- Boots Linux, Windows, and other operating systems
- Written in C, customizable and maintainable
- Additional features: netboot, serial console, remote flashing
- Supports many mainboards, chipsets, and payloads
AMD coreboot support
- Processor Families: 0Fh, 10h, 12h, 14h, K8, and Geode
- Chipsets: rs56x0, rs78x, M690, SB7x0/5100, SB600, CS553x, A55E and A50M
Note: New processor and chipsets are being added regularly.